Understanding google analytics is an important part of managing and building your website. Using google analytics will allow you to see where your visitors are coming from, what content they visit most, and what pages are most effective converting into sales.
The first time you login to your google analytics dashboard its easy to be overwhelmed because of so much data is in front of you. We hope to make it less scary with this article because you will defiantly want to use this valuable tool to make the most of your website.
Don’t be afraid to dive in and learn these valuable skills because once you master them you will likely get a large return!
Power of Google Analytics
You can learn a lot of information from this free tool. It provides easy to read graphs and data to understand your website visitors better. This will ensure you can fine tune your website. Here is some of the things you can learn using google analytics:
- How many unique visitors you get on a hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly level.
- How many overall page views go to specific pages.
- How long people are spending on your site and pages.
- Information on your bounce rate. Bounce rate is how many visitors are leaving your page without visiting another page of your site.
- Where your visitors are located, what device they use to access site, and language.
How to: Create a Google Analytics Account
You will need to create a google analytics account for every website you own or manage. If you own more than one website you can create different web properties however this is not suggested unless you own the pages. In other words if you manage the account for someone you want it to be under their account and not yours.
- Go to Google Analytics homepage and sign in to your google account. If you do not have a google account you will need to create one.
- Select the type of asset you want to track. You should be presented with two options. Website or Mobile App.
- Enter in your website name, website url, select industry category, and time zone.
- Read and understand the terms of service.
- Submit the form and on the next page you will be given a tracking code. You will need to add this tracking code on each page of the website you want to track. If you are using wordpress you can download a plugin to make adding the tracking code easier.
How to: Add User
If you create an account but you want another person to be able to manage it for you. The next thing you want to do is add a new user.
- Find and click on the Gear Icon in the lower-left corner of the page.
- Click on user management.
- Click on Add Users and enter the email address of the person or persons you want to invite to manage your page. Google will send them an invite that they will need to accept.
See What We Can Do For Your Business
If you would like to start your journey on getting a perfectly designed website for your organization or business be sure to contact us using the button below! We promise to make it as painless as possible.